Below are frequently asked questions to help you with any issues you may be experiencing. Please contact support if you cannot find the answer to your question here, or if you need further assistance.
- What is my username / password to login to the SAFE website? Click on the lost your password link in the yellow login box on the right side of the webpage and enter in the email address you used when you registered with SAFE. You will receive an email with your username and a link to reset your password. Please click on the link provided in that email once only. Clicking more than once will void the first request sent. If you do not receive the email notice, please check your spam folder before contacting the webmaster with a detailed description of your issue.
- How can I tell if I am logged into the website? In the yellow box on the right of almost every page of the website, very top line. If you are not logged in, it will say, Login. If you are logged in, it will say, You are now logged in (logout).
- How do I join SAFE? Please visit our Join page.
- How do I renew my membership? Please visit our Renew page.
- Do you offer automatic renewal? Yes! Please see our automatic renewal sign-up page.
- How do I find out if I am signed up for auto renewal? Please shoot us an email to inquire as our website doesn’t yet speak to our credit card merchant that handles our automatic renewals.
- How do I cancel my auto renewal? Email us
- Where is my membership card? Membership cards are available electronically only, and are accessed by logging into the website and clicking on Manage Your Account. On the left side of the Manage Your Account webpage that comes up, you will see download links for your membership card and wall certificate.
- What is my member number? You can find your member number by logging into the website and clicking on Manage Your Account. Scroll down the page to “Membership Info” where your SAFE ID number is listed.
- When does my membership expire? You can find the expiration date—also known as the “dues paid through date” on your membership—by logging into the website and clicking Manage Your Account. Scroll down the page to “Membership Info” where your SAFE “dues paid through date” is listed.
- Why does the expiration date show “expired” even though I renewed? Please contact the webmaster with a detailed description of the issue.
- I know I renewed my membership, so why don’t I have access to the Members Only area? Please contact the webmaster with a detailed description of the issue.
- I know I renewed my membership, so why does it still show “expired” in Manage Your Account? Please contact the webmaster with a detailed description of your issue.
- Why does it show that I already exist when renewing my membership through the Store checkout? Please login first, then proceed to checkout.
- Will I receive any snail mail from SAFE? Typically no. SAFE is primarily an Internet-based organization. Our website is the hub of the organization and direct communications are sent via email. Thus it is imperative to ensure that your email address is always current and that you have added safepilots.org to your whitelist to ensure an open communication channel.
- Where is my Flying magazine subscription? First, please verify the membership level you have purchased. If you are an Associate member, you are not eligible for this subscription. If you joined or renewed at the Regular or higher membership level, please contact the webmaster with a detailed description of your issue.
- What should I do to maximize my benefits from joining SAFE? Please view the welcome email that is sent to all members upon joining SAFE.
UPDATING ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- How do I change my email address? You can change your email address by logging into the website and clicking Manage Your Account. Scroll down the page to “Contact Info” and update your email address. Unfortunately, this change does not update your eNews email address—please see eNews Questions for that.
- How do I change my username? It is not possible to change your username yourself; however, we are happy to make the change for you. Please contact the webmaster with a detailed description of your request.
- What is the difference between my SAFE Public Profile and the profile I see under Manage Your Account? The SAFE Public Profile is a member benefit that allows you to make your details publicly viewable on the SAFE website. After submitting this profile, it becomes publicly available in our Member Profiles Directory. Click here to submit your SAFE Public Profile. The profile you see under Manage Your Account is private and is part of our website platform and member database management system.
- How do I change the email address that my copy of eNews gets delivered to? There are several methods available to update your eNews email address: First, if you have a copy of eNews, click the “Update Profile/Email Address” link located at the very bottom. Otherwise, follow the Subscribe link and either (a) enter your old email address and follow the prompts to update, or (b) simply subscribe by entering your new email address. Please contact the webmaster with a detailed description if you cannot resolve the issue.
- Why am I am not receiving eNews from SAFE? Please verify that you are subscribed to eNews by going to the Subscribe link. Enter your email address. If your address is accepted, you were not signed up to receive eNews at that address, but you are now. However, if your address is found in the system, you will be presented with the option either to re-subscribe, or you will be confirmed as subscribed. If you have been confirmed but you are still not receiving eNews, please check your spam folder and verify that safepilots.org has been added to your whitelist. If this does not resolve the issue, it is possible that your email host or firewall is blocking emails emanating from our eNews service, Constant Contact. If that is the case, follow this link for additional advice: add Constant Contact to your whitelist.
- Why can’t I get into the Forum using my SAFE username and password? The SAFE website and the SAFE Forum are currently on two different platforms. You need to sign up for the Forum separately and will be granted access upon confirmation of your membership in SAFE.
- Why is there an approval process to access the Forum? We receive anywhere from 50-150 spam requests a day for the forum. To ensure that our Forum remains free from spammers and hackers, each request to register fro the Forum is checked manually.
- Why was I was rejected from registering on the Forum? With the heavy volume of spammers trying to gain access to the Forum, it is possible that your request was rejected inadvertently. Please contact the webmaster to gain access.
MEMBER BENEFITS QUESTIONS
- How come Foreflight isn’t showing me as eligible for discounts? The member listing that Foreflight receives gets updated twice a month. If you are a new member, you haven’t been added yet. Please wait a couple weeks and try again. If you would like to be added sooner or if you are an older member, please contact us today.