Code of Ethics
Aviation educators are the gateway for anyone aspiring to be part of the aviation community, be it for pleasure, business, commercial or military aviation. Although today’s pilots and aviation professionals have access to highly sophisticated systems and resources, the best safety device remains a well-trained individual possessing the knowledge, skill, and understanding to safely and competently handle any aviation challenge. We, the members of the Society of Aviation and Flight Educators, therefore accept the responsibility to practice our profession according to the standards listed below:
We pledge to exemplify and provide:
- A learning environment that promotes excellence and professionalism, rather than minimum standards;
- Opportunities for our students/clients to experience diverse situations and scenarios in a controlled learning environment;
- Instruction that is efficient and effective;
- Safe, rewarding and organized learning programs;
- Conservative practices, personal minimums and a safety mindset;
- Tools for risk management, and aeronautical decision making, with safety as the highest priority;
- Adherence to regulations and limitations and rules of good basic common sense;
- A teaching philosophy and exemplary conduct promoting: integrity; positive attitudes;personal responsibility; environmental stewardship;accountability; and courtesy toward fellow members of the aviation community;
- A commitment to continuing education and personal improvement,including recurrent training;
- Respect for the privilege of flight; and
- Dedication to the safety of all flight operations and the reduction of aviation accidents.
Each member of the Society of Aviation and Flight Educators agrees to abide by this Code of Ethics to further the objectives of SAFE.